If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty, and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorneys Office is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #9 out of 31 large Federal cabinet agencies in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2010 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to All U.S. Citizens and Nationals under 14-NDIN-1076851-DE.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for planning, implementing, and administering the full spectrum of budget and financial management operations for the Northern District of Indiana. Typical work assignments will include:
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial management program that involves both short and long-range programmatic plans and the annual budget.
- Developing financial polices to facilitate achievement of the program goals.
- Advising management on the proper and effective utilization of all financial resources under the organization jurisdiction in accordance with a wide variety of laws and regulations.
- Preparing, justifying, and executing the administrative budget for the office.
- Ensuring all financial records, i.e., obligations, expenditures, delivery status, and available balances are accurate and support with proper fund control documentation to manage certification of obligations accurately.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or visits to branch offices in South Bend and Fort Wayne.