· Responsible for effective, economical, and advanced technical management of customer computing requirements for assigned systems and applications.
· Projects managed directed, or otherwise undertaken are large-scale in scope with technical authority over a wide range of Information Technology (IT) disciplines, systems, and applications.
· Develops, interprets, plans and applies policy, process, procedure and strategy in the delivery of multi-discipline IT services required to achieve data and system integration/interoperability for assigned systems and applications.
· Provides expert technical guidance, interpretation, and implementation oversight of applicable information security policies, processes, and practices to ensure continued operational availability and integrity of enterprise applications, systems, networks, and data.
· Applies expert technical knowledge and skill to include server operating system architectures, standards, and configurations; system administration, integration and interoperability processes and procedures; software design principles and methodologies; problem diagnostic techniques and toolsets; system performance metrics, monitoring, and tuning concepts and practices to resolve complex operational problems and ensure highly reliable, available, and responsive server processing environments.
· Prepares and presents cogent and cohesive analyses and briefings advising DoD and DISA management leadership on new technological developments, techniques, and enhancements that result in increased time and cost efficiencies.
· Performs or directs a group of IT specialists in the performance of duties and functions identified in the following paragraphs.
· Develops and implements systems diagnostic and maintenance tools to ensure the availability and functionality of systems required to support organizational objectives.
· Develops standards and criteria for assessing server performance, availability, capacity or configuration problems.
· Develops procedures for responding to new threats to systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability.