The Pathways Program offers clear paths to Federal careers for students from high school through post graduate school through three paths: the Internship Program, the Recent Graduates Program, and the Presidential Management Fellows Program. The Pathways Internship Program offers opportunity to start a career in scientific, professional, technical, and administrative positions that support the mission of the Food and Drug Administration.
As a Student Trainee in the Pathway's Internship Program, you will be engaged in administrative, technical, or scientific work that engages you in the regulatory and scientific mandate of the Food and Drug Administration while illustrating the ways in which your pursuit of education in various academic disciplines can contribute to protecting the public health of the nation. Assignments will vary based on your level of education, academic discipline, and FDA Center or Office to which assigned. Assignments may include:
- Data collection, analysis, review, and summarization of information on requests, evaluations, and regulatory actions.
- Development of charts, graphs, and tables to inform or guide affected staff or representatives of regulated industries of applications, issues raised, decision points, and outcomes of requests or required actions.
- Research a range of information from a variety of sources to prepare documents, analyses, presentation points, or other support information for action or decision by specialists or scientists.
- Preparation of correspondence, form content, and/or reports to support specific actions, report of progress on projects, milestones of accomplishments, and results or achievements.
- Draft and edit routine official documents such as notices of availability, meeting notices and simple product approvals.
Positions filled under this vacancy announcement may be in any of the following occupation series:
· GS-0099 General Student Trainee: Positions in this group provides technical and clerical assistance to positions which the primary duties are analytical, operational, or evaluative work in support of the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, training, and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations, or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, espionage, sabotage, or loss.
· GS-0199 Social Science: Positions in this group provides technical or clerical assistance in research or other professional and scientific work or in the administration of public welfare and insurance programs.
· GS-0299 Personnel Management: This group includes positions that administer or deliver human resources management products or services.
· GS-0399 Administrative and Office Support: Positions in this group includes provides support and other work of a general clerical and administrative nature.
· GS-0499 Biological Science: Positions in this group assists with the technical or clerical aspect of research or other professional and/or scientific work in the area of biological science.
· GS-0599 Financial Management: Positions in this group perform technical, or related clerical work in the area of accounting, budget administration, related financial management, or similar nature.
· GS-699 Medical and Health: Positions in this group provides technical or clerical assistance in the area of research or scientific work in the medical and health field.
· GS-0899 Engineering and Architecture: Positions in this group provides technical and clerical assistance in the field of engineering or architectural projects, facilities, structures, systems, processes, equipment, devices, material or methods.
· GS-1399 Physical Science: Positions in this group provides technical or clerical assistance in research or other professional and scientific work in the fields of physical science.
· GS-1599 Management and Statistics: Positions in this group provides technical and clerical assistance in the area of mathematics, including methods, theory, analysis, and principles.
· GS-1799 Education: This group includes positions that involve performing, or supporting education or training work when the paramount requirement of the position is knowledge of, or skill in, education, training, or instruction processes.