The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Laboratory of Allergic Diseases (LAD).
If selected for this position at the GS-13 level, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist in the design, implementation, and evaluation of complex clinical protocols.
- Provide expertise in clinical trial coordination and implementation, data and protocol management.
- Manage challenging patient populations and obtain and maintain informed consent, addressing complex ethical and legal implications.
- Direct and perform quality assurance and quality control activities as they relate to protocol adherence, protocol monitoring, data collection, abstraction and analysis.
- Provide consultation to health care team related to implementation and evaluation of specific clinical protocols.
- Interview, screen and recruit patients for entry onto protocols.
If selected for this position at the GS-12 level, your duties will be essentially the same as those described at the GS-13 level; however, you will function with less autonomy and more oversight.