Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan, - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Procurement Policy and Warrant Management Services in Washington, DC.
This position is also being announced under VY-JS-1071062-MP to status candidates. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply under both announcements.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities, i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities, and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
Major duties for this position include:
· Implementing acquisition directives and operating guidelines that have national implications on the acquisition mission
· Assigning acquisition work and establishing work schedules, priorities, and procedures to ensure that work is accomplished efficiently
· Reviewing work products to ensure that they meet expectations, including approving and disapproving completed work
· Serving as department representative regarding acquisition policy, including meeting with program managers and technical experts.
View Assessment Questions
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required