About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will plan, organize, and lead agency-wide applications software development projects and activities or to exercise comparable continuing responsibilities, such as, assessing and developing applications and systems specific IT security policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to EIA systems, applications, networks, and data.
As a Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Analyze and determine current and projected system requirements for applications software with emphasis on systems security, including developing and/or modify, new or existing IT security policies, ensuring compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), U.S.Department of Energy, and other Federal laws and regulations.
- Develop project plans and identifies resource requirements. Identifies system objectives and functions. Defines and specifies requirements with customers.
- Incorporate information security safeguards into applications software analyses. Monitor IT security vulnerabilities and maintain awareness of IT threats.
- Provide expert analysis and advice to senior staff on programmatic infrastructure and administrative aspects of IT security.
- Conduct IT research and analysis work, developing solutions to issues and problems associated with agency-wide IT programs.
- Participate in application software design, including conducting risk assessments to identify possible security violations.