To qualify for this position at the GS-14 level, you must meet the Basic Requirement below IN ADDITION TO the Specialized Experience requirements below. Your supporting documentation (i.e. resumes and transcripts) must fully support your responses to these questions.
Basic Requirement: You must have IT-related experience in each of the following four competencies listed below which must be supported by the information contained in your resume and other application materials.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience: In addition to the Basic Requirement above, applicants must also meet the Specialized Experience requirements in order to be considered. You must have one year (12-months) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that included:
- Directing and managing applications software projects;
- Designing, documenting, developing, modifying, testing, installing, implementing, and supporting new or existing software applications projects; and
- Exercising full supervisory or lead responsibility over an information technology staff.
Note: Your resume must show that you possess this experience.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
In addition to the above requirements, it is also desirable that applicants possess the Project Management Professional (PMP)Certification.
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJs Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified.
- Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration (unless a sufficient number of qualified veterans are found - in which only those names will be initially certified). Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Ability to manage and direct applications software projects
- Ability to supervise an IT staff
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.