Minimum Requirements: Experience or training which demonstrates the knowledge of trade; ability to apply identification skill (matching specific item name, models, and stock or part numbers with similar specific information at stock locations); ability to use simple hand tools (pliers, screwdrivers, etc) and to follow oral and written instructions.
Specialized Experience: Must have 18 months experience or training in verifying stock by opening, counting and visually checking the contents of the containers. Experience in establishing stock location by considering such factors as use, size, shape and weight of items. Experience in completing stock records by showing the names, quantities and location of stock. Experience in identifying correct nomenclature and stock number of items in order to locate stock for issue. Experience in performing maintenance such as replacing wooden handles on handsaws, changing blades on power saws, and greasing or oiling power and hand tools.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely in the resume'.
1. Knowledge of the range of items in stock to identify specific items requested by users from descriptions of their intended usage, and to suggest, in the absence of requested items, substitute and interchangeable items that might fit users requirements.
2. Skill in determining when tools and equipment should be sent to test, repair, and calibration shops, and skill in providing evaluations to stock disposal personnel to aid them in determining whether items should be salvaged, repaired, and returned to stock.
3. Skill in determining from records such errors as improper item issue and turn-in credit, and the failure of records to show that items have been sent out for repair.
4. Skill in identifying, setting up special storage locations, and ensuring that project assigned items are separated from regularly stocked items when they arrive and during their storage.
5. Ability to provide information on the status of stock for determining and keeping adequate numbers and types of items on hand.
6. Working knowledge of automated systems for stock record accountability.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Supply Clerk and Technician positions.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E6 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, 94)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass an operator's test for forklift equipment up to 10,000 lbs. For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.