Job Title:Management Analyst, GS-343-11 NF
Agency:National Science Foundation
Job Announcement Number:HRM-2014-0007
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, March 13, 2014 to
Thursday, March 27, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
Temporary promotion not to exceed 120 days ; may be extended up to 240 days.|
|FEW vacancies -
Arlington, VA View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|NSF employees on permanent competitive service appointments.|
About the Agency
This position is located in the Division of Human Resource Management.
- U.S. Citizen
- Background Investigation
- Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations - see tab above
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
DUTIES:Back to top
This Division of Human Resource Management is seeking a Management Analyst to support the Foundation's Federal Advisory Committee activities. The duties of this position include the following:
Committee Management Officer
- Coordinates the completion of all major reports required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA);
- Serves as the NSF Liaison on committee management activities with the Committee Management Secretariat, GSA, Library of Congress, Office of the Federal Register, and the general public;
- Provides advice and guidance to Foundation offices on all aspects of committee management;
- Reviews and revises internal guidelines, procedures and controls;
- Manages the advisory committee’s establishment, renewal and termination process;
- Submits information for publication in the Federal Register and maintains records of Foundation advisory committee activity;
- Coordinates updates for FACA-related activities; and
- Reviews HRM’s FACA-related internal policies in NSF’s Personnel Manual for conformity with internal processes and external regulations from OPM and GAO.
- Provides administrative assistance to OIRM Senior Management, as required;
- Schedules meetings and prepares and distributes meeting materials, e.g., notices, agendas and other supporting documentation;
- Plans, monitors and coordinates calendars, to include preparing travel arrangements for OIRM Senior Management; and
- Provides guidance to OIRM Senior Management on administrative and logistical support matters, including the preparation of correspondence; and
- Greets and receives guests, referring guests and visitors to the appropriate staff member as part of management of the reception area.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this position, you must meet one of the following:
1. Possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level in the Federal service. Examples include: evaluating and advising on the organization, methods and procedures for providing admin support systems (e.g. records, communications, forms, files, documentation); developing new or modified admin program policies, regulations, goals or objectives; analyzing and making recommendations concerning the efficiency and productivity of admin operations in a component of an organization.
2. Possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. OR an LL.M., if related.
3. Possess a combination of graduate level education beyond the first 2 years of progressively higher graduate study and appropriate specialized experience that together meet the qualification requirements of this position, if related.
Education may be substituted for experience as described in “Qualifications."
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date.
You must answer all job-related questions in the NSF eRecruit questionnaire.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Ratings will be assigned based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. In some cases, additional assessment processes may be used.
Review your resume and responses carefully. Responses that are not fully supported by the information in your application package may result in adjustments to your score. A Human Resources Representative will validate the qualifications of those candidates eligible to be referred to the selecting official.
In the merit promotion selection process, due weight will be given to incentive awards and performance appraisals.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Your application should be submitted online and must be completed and all required documents successfully faxed (or uploaded) before 11:59 PM Eastern time on the closing date. You must answer all of the job-related questions to ensure full consideration for this position. For more detailed information, please review our NSF eRecruit Applicant Guide
If you do not have internet access or if you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Representative listed in the vacancy announcement.
WARNING! Applications submitted online must have a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
There are no required documents.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check the status of your application at any time on the USAJOBS website