Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Federal Emergency Management Agency
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC View Map
Individuals who do not meet the eligibility criteria for this announcement may apply under FEMA-14-LNG-18334-DEU, which is open to the public.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
Who May Apply:
- Current federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment
- Former federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities (click here for a list of authorities)
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans’ preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites that require functioning under intense physical and mental stress.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.