In today's interconnected world our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation. For an overview of the diverse responsibilities DHS carries out within the Government, we welcome you to visit our website at http://www.dhs.gov.
This position is located in DHS's Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), Border Intelligence Fusion Section (BIFS). I&A is a member of the national Intelligence Community (IC) and ensures that information related to protecting the homeland is collected, gathered, analyzed and disseminated to the full spectrum of homeland security customers.
The Director of BIFS reports to the Chief Intelligence Officer (CINT) and the El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC) Director. The BIFS Director also serves as the senior advisor to the CINT and the Border Enforcement Coordination Board. Other duties include:
- Managing and leading programs that integrate and support the United States Government efforts to develop intelligence for the security of our borders, strengthen intelligence and information sharing activities, enable complex criminal investigations, and to ensure Federal, state, local, tribal, and private sector partners have the ability to share intelligence and information on the full range of threats to the Homeland.
- Serving on the EPIC Executive Management Team as the Associate Director of EPIC.
- Developing and managing a mature, professional homeland security intelligence enterprise that addresses priorities set by the Secretary, as well as the Director of National Intelligence's National Intelligence Priorities Framework.
- Identifying and deploying DHS intelligence, information, and resources appropriate for assisting the host entity in fulfilling its mission, and for securing host entity support to DHS components fulfilling the mission.
- Occasional Travel
- Approximately once per month