DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in Columbus, OH.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
The purpose of this announcement is to build an applicant pool which may be used as vacancies occur. Vacancies may not occur for six months or more. You will be contacted periodically to determine your continued interest in being considered.
- Using the Electronic Document Management (EDM) and the appropriate entitlement system, accesses a variety of documents including invoices, receiving reports and procurement documents for payments to government vendors.
- Reviews documents to ensure the information is accurate and complete in accordance with Accounts Payable policy.
- Determines or verifies the required accounting code or line of accounting.
- Validate invoices and inputs and processes for payment into the appropriate entitlement system.
- Verifies obligations to ensure funds sufficiency, reviews documents to ensure propriety of fund usage, and reconciles unmatched items prior to payment.
- Use automated reporting system (COGNOS), to pull reports of contracts that need to be input.
- Occasional Travel
- This position may require up to 24% travel.