Job Title:Supervisory Psychologist, (SATP/SUD)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:OA-14-1071112-NM
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, March 12, 2014 to
Tuesday, September 30, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Dublin, GA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates |
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1071112 (Include # on all documents)
Carl Vinson VAMC is seeking a Supervisory Psychologist to serve in the role as a Substance and Abuse Treatment Program /Substance Use Disorder Program Manager.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive May be Authorized for a well-qualified candidate.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA Psychologist, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ .
Special Employment Consideration: Individuals eligible for the following appointments are encouraged to apply: 5 CFR 213.3102 "u", Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities ; mental retardation, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities; and Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
EDRP: The applicant selected for this position MAY BE eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Approval for EDRP awards are subject to the availability of funding
Your grade and step will be determined by the Psychologist Professional Standards Board (PSB). The PSB is a peer review process. The PSB will review your qualifications, education, professional training/internship(s) and professional experience to determine the most appropriate grade and step based on your individual accomplishments
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must have a doctoral degree in psychology
- English Language Proficiency required
- Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship
- Must pass a pre-employment exam
- Must pass a background check and drug test
DUTIES:Back to top
The Substance Abuse Treatment Program/Substance Use Disorder Program Manager (SATP/SUD) serves as a program manager for veterans in the substance abuse treatment program in the mental health residential rehabilitation treatment program.(MH RRTP) and the outpatient Substance Use Disorder program. The incumbent engages in no less than 35% general management activities, including clinical and administrative supervision/training including direction of staff meetings, data management and program development. Incumbent establishes performance standards for staff, review work compliance and reporting requirements. Selects, retains, recommends promotions, assigns and directs staff. Approves leave, hears/resolves staff complaints and grievances, investigates instances of misconduct, effecting disciplinary and adverse actions when required. Identifies staff training and development needs ensuring their implementation. Clinical responsibilities is to provide a full range of psychological assessment services and diagnoses mental disorders particularly for complex or unusual difficult patients.Assist the MHSL Director in the design, development and implementation of clinical programs
Work schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Mon thru Fri.
Functional Statement # F557164
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
All individuals applying under this announcment must meet basic standards for appointment as contatined in the VA Handbook 5005/15, Part II, Appendix G18 dated March 17, 2006.
- U.S. Citizen or naturalized
- Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program
- Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program
- Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to pracitce psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico) of the District of Columbia.
- Proficient in Written and Oral English in accordance with chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a, this part.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: GS-13
Experience: In addition to the experience requirements at the GS-12 level, at least 1 additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level. In addition the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage subordinate employees.
- Skill in assessing qualifications and abilities of current and prospective employees.
- Ability to develop productivity standards appropriate to each service provided and each venue.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships, including conflict resolution.
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups representing widely divergent backgrounds, interest, and points of view.
- Skill in working collaboratively with other disciplines and supervisors.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accreditied by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of thre degree must be consistent with the assignement for which the applicant is to be employed. AND Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online
button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE VA FORM 10-2850c IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY. You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Login.aspx ) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 1071112. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf) (required).
- Occupational Questionnaire
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.