ANNOUNCEMENT OPENS: 12 MAR 2014 CLOSES: 27 MAR 2014
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the New York Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
This position is located in the Distribution Section of the Deployment and Distribution Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: ONBOARD-ON BASE 107th AW ONLY
ONBOARD: ALL PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIANS IN THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD FROM THE 107th AW. ENLISTED ONLY
The purpose of this position is to serve as a distribution assistant, which provides technical expertise and support relating to the movement of equipment, supplies, and personnel for both peacetime and wartime.
Must already be a permanent technician of the 107TH AW.
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience,education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying basic rules,regulations, policies, and procedures of a transportation program. Experience using computer and automationsystems.
Musthave at least 9 months experience, education, or training involving verifyinglegal entitlements or official authorizations for travel, securing fromcarriers guides and timetables, information regarding schedules, fares, andavailability of space accommodations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Completionof 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and application of extensive and diverse transportation regulations, methods, and practices to perform a wide variety of both routine and specialized transportation support assignments, to resolve a wide range of problems, to make arrangements, provide advice, or perform other work that requires authoritative procedural knowledge of various different travel policies.
2. Knowledge of transportation regulations that relate to the movement of a wide range of specialized shipments.
3. Knowledge of automated transportation data bases associated with the various transportation functions sufficient to input a range of information or adjustments, understand error reports and take corrective action, and generate recurring reports as required.
4. Knowledge of related functional areas and their relationship to other functions to investigate and resolve recurring problems, coordinate actions, conduct extensive searches, or expedite receipt of needed documentation using established approaches.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIAN OF THE 107th AW FROM THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE:In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in.The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon your category and score, you may be referred to the selecting official. If your name is referred to the selecting official, you will be contacted directly by that office for an interview. You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed.
You will be notified via email during the following phases of this announcement:
1. Immediately after your application has been submitted.
2. After the announcement has closed and qualifications are reviewed. (This will inform you whether or not you were referred to the selecting official.)
3. Once selection has been made.
If at anytime you have questions concerning this Vacancy Announcement, please contact the Human Resources Specialist by email. Your email should contain the following information: T14-227A, TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT, 1071362.