Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), in Rockville, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-CTP-14-MP-1071510-SD under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
** This is an Interdisciplinary position that may be filled as a General Engineer, GS-801-14, or Materials Engineer, GS-806-14 or Mechanical Engineer, GS-830-14.**
EARLY CUT-OFF DATE: FIRST CONSIDERATION MAY BE GIVEN TO THOSE WHO FILE ALL OF THE REQUIRED FORMS BY May 16, 2014. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY EXPEDITIOUSLY.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN CONTINUOUS FOR 90 DAYS WITH THE FOLLOWING CUT-OFF DATES:
June 27, 2014
August 12, 2014
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Lead the design and conduct of studies to isolate and define the engineering aspects contributing to public health issues and problems.
- Compile research data to prepare presentations to support the Agency's recommendations and decisions on regulatory and other public health issues.
- Provide authoritative and professional expertise in dealing with engineering aspects of public health issues related to tobacco and/or other regulatory products.
- Stay abreast of scientific developments and current practices in engineering research through review of published literature, tobacco industry documents, and by continuing professional development through interactions with experts in the field.
- Present to and participate in highly important conferences and meetings to promote or address strategic partner interests related to tobacco and/or other regulated products engineers.
- Occasional Travel
- Domestic/International - Up to 10 Percent