This announcement has been amended to correct the travel requirement.
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Financial Management Specialist in the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Grants Management, you will support a range of financial management functions including the annual audit of ACF's financial statements, implementation of OMB Circular A-123, improper payment Risk Assessments and broad oversight of ACF's diverse portfolio of mandatory and discretionary grants.
This announcement is open continuous for 90 days. The first cut-off is March, 31, 2014. Applications received by the first cut-off will receive first consideration. Additional referral certificates will be issued upon request until positions are filled.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-ACF-MP-14-1071287 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Although this vacancy announcement is advertised for multiple duty locations and grade levels, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at all grade levels or locations.
The beginning and ending salaries may vary depending on location of position.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Review and analyze detailed financial management information in support of the annual audit of the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) financial statements.
- Support the completion of risk assessments of major ACF grant programs.
- Support financial oversight activities designed to ensure proper stewardship of ACF funds.
- Compile, analyze and maintain financial data.
- Conduct financial and trend analyses.
- Draft status reports of pending and resolved actions/deliverables.
- Design, develop, and implement financial management policies, procedures, standards, and practices.
- Draft instructions, guides, and procedures for tracking and reporting expenditures.
- Collaborate with program, budget and grants staff to ensure fiscal and legislative requirements are met.
- Review statutory requirements of complex mathematical computations for awarding grants.
- Interpret and apply changes in federal laws and regulations, and establish their impact on programs and grantees.
- 25% or Greater
- Up to 25% travel required