GS-09: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 level or higher in the Federal service that included gathering, assembling, and analyzing financial data; assisting in conducting financial analyses; assisting senior staff in the completion of risk assessments of grant programs; and providing financial management advice to stakeholders related to issues and concerns OR a Master's, LL.B., J.D., or equivalent graduate degree OR have successfully completed at least 2 full years (36 semester hours or the equivalent) of progressively higher graduate level education leading toward such a degree with major study in a field that demonstrates that I have the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work; OR an equivalent combination of the required specialized experience and education listed in the statements above. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
GS-11: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 level or higher in the Federal Service that included assisting in financial and trend analysis; reviewing and maintaining financial data in support of financial audits functions; assisting in the development and implementation of financial management policies and procedures; advising on corrective actions to financial management issues; and assisting senior staff in the completion of risk assessments of grant programs; OR possess a Ph.D., LL.M., or equivalent doctoral degree OR have successfully completed 3 full years (54 semester hours or the equivalent) of progressively higher level post-graduate education leading to such a degree with major study in a field that equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position; OR an equivalent combination of the required specialized experience and education listed in the statements above. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
GS-12: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal Service that included conducting financial and trend analysis; supporting the completion of risk assessments of grant programs; conducting financial management oversight to ensure fiscal and legislative requirements are met; reviewing financial management information in support of financial audits functions; identifying and devising solutions to financial policy and program problems; and providing technical advice and assistance to stakeholders regarding the interpretation, implementation, and impact of laws, rules, and regulations on programs and grants.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement required: No
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and moving expenses authorized: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Relocation incentives authorized: No
11. Recruitment incentives authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: Yes
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Candidates will be assigned to a quality category:
· Best Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is almost identical to those required by the position.
· Well Qualified - Applicants who have experience that is very similar to those required by the position.
· Qualified - Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements, but do not identify any additional qualifying experience or skill.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position. Candidates in the highest category will be referred to the hiring agency.
Application of Veterans' Preference: The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher). Veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- Financial Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions