Job Title:Veterinary Medical Officer, GS-701-13 (Direct Hire)
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:FDA-DH-14-1070239-GP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, April 18, 2014 to
Friday, July 18, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Silver Spring, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This announcement maybe used by all centers within the Food and Drug Administration to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
This announcement is being posted using a government-wide direct hire authority (DHA). Under DHA, all qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official for consideration. While veterans' preference does not apply to DHA, veterans are encouraged to apply, please submit copy 4 of DD214.
Cut-Off Dates: 5/16/14; 5/30/14;
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Background investigation required.
- This position has a positive education requirement
- May require a 1 year probationary period
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Degree: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, from a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA). Graduate(s) of a foreign veterinary medical school that was not accredited by the AVMA Council on Education (Refer to AVMA web site, http://www.avma.org for information about schools in this category and for requirements).
Possession of a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice veterinary medicine.
Minimum Qualification at the GS 13 requires ONE of the following in addition to the basic qualification:
- One year of progressively responsible professional veterinary experience equivalent to the next lower grade level performing duties such as but not limited to managing multiple submissions of regulatory information, including Biological License Applications (BLA) Investigational New Drug (IND) and Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) applications; experience in non-clinical regulations in the areas of preclinical research, GLP (quality assurance) and regulatory affairs for biologics, drugs and devices and in managing various complex projects, including assessing risk and safety management of clinical studies. OR
- A Ph.D. degree in any of the following specialties or related sciences, including but not limited to: animal science, avian medicine, food safety, infectious diseases, veterinary clinical sciences, pathobiology, biomedical sciences, veterinary anatomy, veterinary preventive medicine, comparative biological sciences, epidemiology, veterinary parasitology, molecular veterinary biosciences, public health, microbiology, pathology, immunology, laboratory animal medicine, toxicology, wildlife, zoological animal medicine, or sciences related to the work of a veterinary medical officer position. OR
- Successful completion of three years of an internship, residency program, or fellowship training program in a discipline related to the position. OR
- Successfully complete all requirements for Diplomate status in an ABVS-recognized veterinary specialty organization such as veterinary toxicology, laboratory animal medicine, poultry veterinary medicine, theriogenology, veterinary anesthesiology, veterinary behaviorists, veterinary clinical pharmacology, veterinary dermatology, veterinary emergency and critical care, veterinary internal medicine, veterinary microbiology, veterinary nutrition, veterinary ophthalmology, veterinary pathology, veterinary preventive medicine, veterinary radiology, veterinary medicine, and veterinary dentistry.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Under Direct Hire, traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply. Applications will be evaluated against the basic qualifications. Qualified candidates will be referred for consideration according to the Office of Personnel Management guidelines governing Direct Hire. For more information on direct hire authority, see http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/direct-hire-authority. Selections made under this bulletin will be processed as new appointments to the civil service.