Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition and Logistics (OAL), National Acquisition Center (NAC), Business Resource Service (BRS) in Hines, IL.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must be a VA, NAC employee and have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Transfer eligibles: current VA, NAC employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Current VA, NAC employees who are disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
· Current VA, NAC employees who are individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
· Current VA, NAC employees who are eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians
· Current VA, NAC employees who hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
· Current VA, NAC employees who are eligible under the Career Transition Assistance Program CTAP
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Reviews reports, identifies action items, develops milestones, assigns, tracks, reviews submissions, collects samples to prove changes made, and develops final responses.
- Analyzes expenditures due to travel, training, budget, also analyzing requests submitted, percentage approved, rejected, returned.
- Assists the Director with the effective initiation, control, and accomplishment of agency objectives essential to the Department's health care mission, and other federal agencies nation-wide.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation, and monitoring of business procedures and processes including those that relate to correspondence management, VA's correspondence management system, travel, training, budget, resource and budgetary management in support of NAC's mission, initiatives and programs. View Assessment Questions
- Occasional Travel
- Up to ten nights per month may be spent in travel status.