Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition and Logistics (OAL), National Acquisition Center (NAC), Business Resource Service (BRS) in Hines, IL.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must be a VA, NAC employee and have an eligibility listed below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Transfer eligibles: current VA, NAC employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
· Current VA, NAC employees who are disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
· Current VA, NAC employees who are individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
· Current VA, NAC employees who are eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians
· Current VA, NAC employees who hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
· Current VA, NAC employees who are eligible under the Career Transition Assistance Program CTAP
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.