Job Title:Student Trainee (General)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Job Announcement Number:SWGI149186511064238P
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$23,080.00 to $29,041.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, March 14, 2014 to Monday, March 24, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Internships NTE 1 year|
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Benton, IL View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Internship Program Eligibles|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students currently enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work and get paid while exploring federal careers through a job with the Department of Army.
This position may have promotion potential if employee has successful performance and if funding allows.
The Department of the Army Pathways Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
Who May Apply:
Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles
Positions are open to current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Not Required
- Students must maintain a semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must complete a background investigation.
- Must comply with Drug Testing.
- Must possess or obtain and maintain a driver's license.
- Must spend the majority of time outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
- Must wear appropriate uniform while on duty.