The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board
The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board) is an independent agency in the executive branch chartered with the responsibility of providing recommendations and advice to the President and the Secretary of Energy regarding public health and safety issues at Department of Energy (DOE) defense nuclear facilities. The Board reviews and evaluates the content and implementation of health and safety standards, as well as other requirements, relating to the design, construction, operation, and decommissioning of DOEs defense nuclear facilities to ensure that these activities are carried out in a manner that protects the public, workers, and the environment.
This position is located in the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board, Office of the General Manager, Division of Acquisition and Finance.
As the Supervisory Contract Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the Division Director with responsibility for planning, directing, and evaluating the policies, plans and programs related to the acquisition of goods and services;
- Management of the Boards budget, financial, travel, and supply operations. Operations managed include budget formulation and execution, financial management, and all procurement activities such as simplified acquisition, contract negotiation and award, and administration;
- Establishing short- and long-term plans and strategic goals;
- Negotiating and administering contract terms and conditions for a wide range of complex contracts (e.g. nuclear engineering technical support services, information technology equipment and services, intergovernmental accounting support, and other management support services required); and
- Supervising a small staff of professional, administrative support, and contractor personnel, including evaluating performance, identifying training needs, and recommending personnel actions.