Vacancy ID: 1069804
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This position is located in the Safety Department.
The Industrial Hygienist may be required to work at any of the three divisions Heinz,
Highland Drive or University Drive. Major duties include:
- Conduct periodic surveys of working conditions to determine the nature and magnitude of hazardous exposures and the effectiveness of existing control measures, such as chemical hoods, paying close attention to changes in work processes, or the use of new materials;
- Investigate health problems which arise among workers, such as individuals having allergy problems related to their work, and determines corrective measures;
- Establish a program for physical screening of employees exposed to particular toxic materials or physical hazards, concentrating on specific effects;
- Formulate directives, laboratory procedures and information bulletins related to the occupational health program at the VAPHS;
- Plan and direct a health education program designed to educate the VAPHS personnel as to means of preventing occupational disease and their role in controlling hazards.; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7am until 3:30pm