Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCCs values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation. The mission of the Policy and Evaluation Department is to provide management oversight for the development and implementation of policy and best practices related to country eligibility, economic analysis and monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and policy reform. DPE manages the MCC's Threshold Program and formulates strategies that leverage MCC impact with foundations; international donors and other U.S. Government agencies.
As a Program Officer/Senior Program Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation), you will:
- Assist with the management of DPE's programs, information systems and operation.
- Conduct outreach with government officials on techniques for measuring and evaluating program implementation, with particular emphasis on the Middle East and Francophone Africa.
- Monitor trends and best practices in development research and practice.
- Develop and manage independent evaluation contracts.
- Support the use of appropriate evaluation methods to enhance MCC's ability to improve implementation, document impacts, and learn what broader lessons should be drawn from the experience;
- Ensure consistency in MCC's overall monitoring and reporting strategy vis-à-vis MCC's senior management, Board, and USG partners.
- Provide technical support, advice and guidance to country teams on issues related to the definition, measurement, and quality control of project performance indicators;
- Occasional Travel
- Some domestic and international travel may be required