Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the National Acquisition Center in Hines, IL.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below. Please note the local commuting area restriction that applies to some eligibilities - you must meet the eligibility as described below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service in the local commuting area (within 50 miles) that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligible
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement in the local commuting area (within 50 miles).
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced in the local commuting area (within 50 miles).
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The primary responsibility of this position
required the incumbent to process mail material, both incoming and outgoing,
including receipt, distribution, placement/verification of proper postage,
sorting, distribution, and other related mail operation functions. Major duties
incoming mail material, including letters, packages, and boxes.
outgoing mail by weighing, affixing proper postage, and attributing that
postage to the proper account.
ways to ensure that mail processing is completed efficiently.
in identifying appropriate mail process, such as use of certified, registered,
View Assessment Questions
- Occasional Travel
- Minimal Travel Required