Job Title:Mail Clerk
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics
Job Announcement Number:VY-14-JS-1061397-MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$14.84 to $19.29 / Per Hour|
|Wednesday, March 12, 2014 to Friday, March 21, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Part Time 20 hours - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Hines, IL View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (see “Area of Consideration” below)|
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the National Acquisition Center in Hines, IL.
Area of Consideration: To be eligible under Merit Promotion, you must have an eligibility listed below. Please note the local commuting area restriction that applies to some eligibilities - you must meet the eligibility as described below.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service in the local commuting area (within 50 miles) that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligible
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement in the local commuting area (within 50 miles).
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced in the local commuting area (within 50 miles).
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA), allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Occasional Travel
- Minimal Travel Required
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be eligible under the Area of Consideration.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).