Join SSA, one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!
Do you have a desire to:
- help SSA manage its Social Security programs, analyze and solve problems?
- help to advise millions of retired and disabled individuals?
- work on a team to make a difference in people's lives and your own?
Once selected for the Service Representative position in SSA, you will contribute to the Agency's mission through direct and personal service to the public. As the first point of contact, you are responsible for speaking with beneficiaries or inquirers in person or by telephone to provide information on SSA laws, rules and regulations. This includes obtaining information in order to determine eligibility and entitlement for programs administered by SSA, and using state-of-the-art computer technology to access and update information about claims.
LOCATION: These positions are located in the following offices:
- Chula Vista District Office at 626 L Street, Chula Vista, CA
- National City District Office and Card Center at 2530 East Plaza Blvd, National City, CA
- San Diego District Office at 1333 Front Street, San Diego, CA
- San Diego Card Center at 109 West Ash Street, San Diego, CA
NOTE: These positions are being filled on a full-time, permanent basis. Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
This is a career ladder position leading to the GS-8 grade level.
Contact Representatives interview beneficiaries and the general public to determine the nature of their problem; explain technical information, gather facts and resolve problems relating to Social Security programs. Click here to view a video about this position.