Job Title:Lead Financial Analyst, GS-1160-15 (Open to Status or VEOA Candidates) MB "P" "SME"
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Highway Administration
Job Announcement Number:FHWA.HIN-2014-0003
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, March 10, 2014 to
Tuesday, April 08, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
If you are NOT a status employee or VEOA eligible, you may wish to apply under announcement FHWA.HIN-2014-0004, which is open to all U.S. Citizens.
- Current or former federal employees with status OR
- Veterans eligible under VEOA
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
The Office of Innovative Program Delivery (OIPD), an organizational element within the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), provides national leadership, direction, and consulting services in new approaches for project finance, procurement (e.g., public-private partnerships (P3s)), and revenue generation. The office also provides for the oversight and stewardship of projects with a total cost in excess of $500 million. The office also houses the TIFIA (Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act) Joint Program Office (JPO), a federal credit support program.
The ideal candidate is a career financial expert, specifically in the field of project financing who has been responsible for monitoring complex credit facilities and tracking financial performance of portfolio loans.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel card is required.
- You must be eligible for status consideration & meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement also advertised U.S. Citizens: FHWA.HIN-2014-0004.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Lead Financial Analyst, you will:
- Lead the evaluation and execution of solutions to address adverse loan conditions.
- Monitor compliance with TIFIA credit instruments and other loan documents, and conducting periodic site visits to projects funded by TIFIA loan proceeds in order to (1) document the progress of each project and (2) identify risks to project completion or repayment of the TIFIA loan.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of complex TIFIA credit facilities for surface, transit, rail, maritime and multimodal surface transportation projects.
- Oversee coordination among Financial Analysts on the Oversight and Monitoring team and TIFIA lead negotiators and other FHWA and DOT staff to develop, write and implement a Project Monitoring Plan for oversight of each TIFIA portfolio investment.
- Manage and direct the oversight and monitoring of the TIFIA program’s portfolio of credit facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
|LEVEL||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:|
- Experience analyzing and monitoring capital markets and project financings.
- Experience evaluating cash flow; understanding financial models; assessing credit risk; financial due diligence; understanding security or collateral; and setting or implementing requirements for project reporting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD REQUIREMENT: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade requirements contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating. Please ensure that your resume and application provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions. Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your answers to the Vacancy Specific questions, your self-determined rating, resume and supporting documentation are reviewed. If your resume and supporting documents do not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must be provided by the closing date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- SF-50 - Which verifies grade, full performance level of position, and eligibility for consideration as a status applicant
- DD214: verifying military service and eligibility for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: - Only required if requesting priority consideration under https: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf</A>. You must submit ALL of the FOLLOWING: your most recent performance appraisal, the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency and your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. To receive priority consideration, you MUST be deemed well qualified for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.