About the Agency
The Office of Innovative Program Delivery (OIPD), an organizational element within the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), provides national leadership, direction, and consulting services in new approaches for project finance, procurement (e.g., public-private partnerships (P3s)), and revenue generation. The office also provides for the oversight and stewardship of projects with a total cost in excess of $500 million. The office also houses the TIFIA (Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act) Joint Program Office (JPO), a federal credit support program.
The ideal candidate is a career financial expert, specifically in the field of project financing who has been responsible for monitoring complex credit facilities and tracking financial performance of portfolio loans.
As a Lead Financial Analyst, you will:
- Lead the evaluation and execution of solutions to address adverse loan conditions.
- Monitor compliance with TIFIA credit instruments and other loan documents, and conducting periodic site visits to projects funded by TIFIA loan proceeds in order to (1) document the progress of each project and (2) identify risks to project completion or repayment of the TIFIA loan.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of complex TIFIA credit facilities for surface, transit, rail, maritime and multimodal surface transportation projects.
- Oversee coordination among Financial Analysts on the Oversight and Monitoring team and TIFIA lead negotiators and other FHWA and DOT staff to develop, write and implement a Project Monitoring Plan for oversight of each TIFIA portfolio investment.
- Manage and direct the oversight and monitoring of the TIFIA program’s portfolio of credit facilities.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel card is required.