Job Title:Lead Financial Analyst, GS-1160-15 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) MB "P" "SME"
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Highway Administration
Job Announcement Number:FHWA.HIN-2014-0004
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, March 10, 2014 to
Tuesday, April 08, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.|
This job is also being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: FHWA.HIN-2014-0003.
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
The Office of Innovative Program Delivery (OIPD), an organizational element within the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), provides national leadership, direction, and consulting services in new approaches for project finance, procurement (e.g., public-private partnerships (P3s)), and revenue generation. The office also provides for the oversight and stewardship of projects with a total cost in excess of $500 million. The office also houses the TIFIA (Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act) Joint Program Office (JPO), a federal credit support program.
The ideal candidate is a career financial expert, specifically in the field of project financing who has been responsible for monitoring complex credit facilities and tracking financial performance of portfolio loans.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel card is required.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement also advertised Merit Promotion: FHWA.HIN-2014-0003.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Lead Financial Analyst, you will:
- Lead the evaluation and execution of solutions to address adverse loan conditions.
- Monitor compliance with TIFIA credit instruments and other loan documents, and conducting periodic site visits to projects funded by TIFIA loan proceeds in order to (1) document the progress of each project and (2) identify risks to project completion or repayment of the TIFIA loan.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of complex TIFIA credit facilities for surface, transit, rail, maritime and multimodal surface transportation projects.
- Oversee coordination among Financial Analysts on the Oversight and Monitoring team and TIFIA lead negotiators and other FHWA and DOT staff to develop, write and implement a Project Monitoring Plan for oversight of each TIFIA portfolio investment.
- Manage and direct the oversight and monitoring of the TIFIA program’s portfolio of credit facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
|LEVEL||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:|
- Experience analyzing and monitoring capital markets and project financings.
- Experience evaluating cash flow; understanding financial models; assessing credit risk; financial due diligence; understanding security or collateral; and setting or implementing requirements for project reporting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must be provided by the closing date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME: Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE.
- VETERANS: In order to be considered as preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming compensably disabled preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your DD214; an Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference, SF15; and the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference. Additional information on veterans' preference is available in the Vet's Guide at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS: If requesting concurrent consideration for: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp#AppointmentsLeading Noncompetitive Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility, (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/qaspouse/index.aspx military spouse NC appointments or http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp" Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: - Only required if requesting priority consideration under https: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf</A>. You must submit ALL of the FOLLOWING: your most recent performance appraisal, the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency and your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. To receive priority consideration, you MUST be deemed well qualified for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.