If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorneys Office is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #5 out of 33 large Federal cabinet agencies and the Executive United States Attorneys Office/United States Attorneys Offices ranked #55 out of 240 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2013 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above
This announcement will close on the
day the 50th application is received or on the closing date, whichever
At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
- examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, and libels;
- providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation;
- assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
- assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
- maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
- tracking filing, hearing, and trials dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
- arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations; and
- producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.