Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov/ to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!
MCCs mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCCs values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Department of Administration and Finance (A&F), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The Department of Administration and Finance is responsible for planning and directing all activities related to financial management and budgeting; human resources management; information technology infrastructure, resource, and website management; procurement and acquisition; personal security; facilities management; administrative services; and corporate records management.
As a Contract Specialist you will apply extensive knowledge of a wide range of contracting methods to plan and carry out assignments which include a variety of pre- and post-award functions associated with the procurement of various goods and services. You will also:
- Serve as a technical resource and advisor to organizations in the procurement of goods and services needed in the successful accomplishment of MCC programs and operations.
- Perform pre-solicitation functions by working closely with program personnel to assist with development of the procurement package.
- Prepare contract supporting documentation and issues solicitations pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Parts 8, 12, 13, 15, and 36.
- Perform pre-award functions by analyzing bids and proposals including cost/price proposal.
- Manage the source selection process, conducts negotiations and prepares award documentation.
- Perform post award functions by monitoring the performance of contractors and negotiates and prepares contract modifications as necessary.
- Analyze business needs and determines the most appropriate contracting vehicle to use in acquiring various goods and services.
- Develop procurement plans by reviewing previous history, market conditions, and specifications or technical packages.
- Develop contract justifications and statements of work.
- Serve as a central point of contact with operating offices and vendors to respond to inquiries.
- Plan, monitor and track contract delivery, invoice payments, and financial status.
- Occasional Travel
- Some domestic and international