About the Agency
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
The Information Technology Specialist (INET) is primarily concerned with the development of technical solutions, business processes, and information technology policies to ensure the functionality of Data.gov as the central government-wide website for federal agency open data. Responsibilities include overseeing technical development and implementation of open data solutions, coordination with federal agencies on open data issues, and conducting outreach to federal agencies, citizens, and other stakeholders republishing open data from across the federal government of Data.gov.
This position is located in the Office of Citizens Services and Innovative Technologies (OCSIT), Office of Innovative Technologies (OIT)
General Services Administration (GSA) in Washington DC.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
Flexible work schedules and telework
Transit and child care subsidies
Training and development
At this time we are only filling one vacancy, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1400111LDMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
As a IT Specialist (INET), your duties will include:
- Develops, evaluates and provides key input to government wide innovative technology solutions for open data.
- Manages technical and business processes for updating content and data on Data.gov.
- Serves as a project manager/technical coordinator on projects involving development of government wide innovative technology solutions.
- Coordinates public outreach and feedback efforts, including implementing technical systems and business processes for responding to questions and comments submitted by the general public on Data.gov and open data issues.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required.