At the GS- level Qualified candidates must possess:
One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, for example: Work in the digital humanities performed with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, requiring extended professional training and experience and which has demonstrated important attainments and marked capacity for independent work.
Selective Placement Factor (SPF): A SPF is a specific qualification requirement that is in addition to the minimum qualification requirements stated above and are essential to successfully perform the duties of this job. SPF experience must be documented in your resume. Applications without SPF experience will not receive further consideration under this announcement. The Selective Placement Factor for this position is as follows:
- Applicants must possess at least two years experience in grant making, including demonstrated success organizing and chairing peer review panels.
Qualified candidates must possess: A M.A. in a discipline of the humanities is required,
as well as a Masters in library or archival science. In addition to the basic education requirement, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience in the equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the General Schedule.
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
1. Knowledge of research methods and archival standards used in digital humanities.
2. Ability to organize, coordinate, and lead activities of a grant making office.
3. Ability to organize and administer digital materials for an institutional repository or digital library.
4. Ability to organize, and coordinate activities of a grant program.
5. Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
6. Ability to effectively communicate orally.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
· Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
· Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
· Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
Application of Veterans' Preference
* The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference
points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of
veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within
* Preference eligibles who meet MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and the
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS and who have a compensable
service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in
the highest quality category, except when the position being
filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or
Any exaggeration of an applicants experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating an applicant ineligible, not hiring the applicant, or for termination after he/she begins work. If a determination is made that in responding to the competency-based question an applicant has rated themselves higher than is evident in their resume, experience, and/or education, the applicants score may be manually adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.