About the Agency
This internship opportunity allows students to see how both the federal government and NSF operate. Together, we ensure that the daily operations at NSF run smoothly and serve the needs of the science, engineering and education communities to produce results. Join us today! Positions under this vacancy announcement will be filled under the Internship component of the Pathways Programs hiring authority.
About Summer Employment at NSF:
• Veteran’s preference rules will be applied in filling these positions.
• When you apply for a summer position, you are not applying for one specific position.
• This vacancy announcement will be used to select multiple interns to work at the National Science Foundation.
• Eligible candidates must be currently enrolled and taking at least a half-time course load in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher. Proof of current enrollment and GPA must be included in your application package.
• To be considered for other Intern positions at NSF, you must reapply each time a new announcement is posted.
• This position is temporary and will not to exceed 89 days. Interns will be required to sign a Pathways Programs Participant Agreement prior to appointment.
Our Student Trainees (Administrative) are clerical positions. They provide support to National Science Foundation scientists and administrators who promote and fund the best possible awards through grants. These positions can be your first step into a fulfilling career at NSF!
As a Student Trainee (Administrative) you will:
• Type a variety of documents
• Enter data
• Sort and distribute mail
• Maintain files
• Assist office visitors and callers