Job Title:Motor Vehicle Operator
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:TEMP-R5-WG5703-5-MVO-DT
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Tuesday, March 04, 2014 to
Monday, March 17, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Camptonville, CA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
Candidates for the position who submit a completed application by midnight eastern standard time on March 13, 2014 will be considered and referred to the hiring manager prior to those who apply after this date. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply for the position as soon as possible. This announcement will remain open until the closing date indicated; however, those who apply after the cut-off date will be referred to the hiring manager only if no selection is made from the initial group. In the event an applicant makes corrections and resubmits their application, the date the application is last submitted will be used to determine those who are considered to have met the cut-off for referral to the hiring manager.
This position is temporary and has a Not-to-Exceed date. However, an extension of the appointment may be possible without further competition. The appointment may also end early due to lack of work or funds.
This vacancy announcement is for one or more locations throughout Region 5. The number and location of positions to be filled will be dependent upon individual unit needs.
This position is established on a forest service unit to operate motor vehicles.
TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT: Some positions will have varying work schedules. Some positions may have irregular and protracted hours of work. Tours of duty include full-time or less than full-time and will involve working weekends or irregular work hours. Considerable travel may be required. Some positions involve work that requires travel away from the official duty location to remote worksites within commuting distance (49 miles).
Positions will be filled as a temporary appointment up to 6 months or as a not to exceed (NTE) 1 year which can be extended 1 additional year.
Hourly wage as shown is Rest of U.S. (RUS). Specific wage rate will vary by location and may be higher or lower than the amount shown on the vacancy announcement. Please click the following link to search for a specific location on the Federal Wage System Scale. http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Subpage/AFWageSchedules/
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career- Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
- Must be a U.S.Citizen/National to apply.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Subject to a negative drug test prior to entrance on duty.
DUTIES:Back to top
Operates one or more vehicles including pickup trucks, panel trucks, flatbed trucks, carryalls, automobiles, jeeps, station wagons, which typically have gross vehicle weight up to 10,000 pounds. Vehicles typically have standard controld for starting, stopping, backing and friving the vehicle in all types of traffic and road conditions. Vehicles are driven on and off roads and through all kinds of traffic, terrain and weather for the purpose of hauling passengers, carrying cargo and/or towing equipment. The operator loads and unloads the vehicle, ensuring that loads are adequatelyprotected and that towed equipment is properly connected and is allowable for the type of tow vehicle is being used. The operator performs vehicle maintenance,servicing, recordkeeping and inspection. Major maintenance problems are brought to the supervisor's attention.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess the Basic Requirements identified below to be considered eligible for this position. Your application or resume must clearly show that you possess the appropriate experience requirements.
Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to perform the duties of the position rather than length of experience.
Eligibility will be determined by the relevance, scope and quality of all experience and training, regardless of where or how acquired.
Applicants will be ranked and rated based on their knowledge of the job elements identified in this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for this position.
To receive consideration for this position, you must meet all qualification requirements on the closing dateof the announcement.
This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP). Selectee must submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and random testing thereafter. Final appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results for illegal drug use. This announcement constitutes 30 days advance notice.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated in accordance with the category rating procedure as defined in the USDA Demonstration Project Plan. Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position will be placed in the Eligible category. Eligible applicants will be further evaluated against criteria for placement in the Quality category. This evaluation is based on the level of your experience, education, and/or training as determined by your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire. Applicants with veterans’ preference are listed ahead of applicants who do not have veterans’ preference within each category.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the “Apply Online” button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=58e6b2b8-d22c-43a1-b70c-a2df01459069
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin. The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not already have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Step 2: Create a Resume with USAJOBS or upload a Resume into your USAJOBS account. You may want to customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. In addition, your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Step 3: Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required.
You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Simply log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application” to continue.
You must submit a complete Application Package, prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date of this announcement. The following documents must be submitted for your application package to be considered complete. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents are received within the required timeframes. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents will result in loss of consideration, eligibility, or priority consideration.
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 5) supervisors phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or you are substituting education for specialized experience and/or if you are using education to meet the criteria for the quality category. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
- DD-214 (Member 4 copy or statement of service) if claiming Veterans’ Preference. Veterans claiming 10 point preference must also submit an SF-15 Application for 10-point Veteran Preference and all supporting documentation (such as letter of compensable disability from the Veterans Administration). Current Active Duty members must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within the last 120 days.
Other required documents may include:
- CTAP/ICTAP Required Documentation Reduction-In-Force: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position you will be separated from.
- Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held. Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
NOTE: If a document is resubmitted, it replaces the previous submission, which means the previous document is no longer available to the Human Resources Office. If you are adding to, rather than replacing a previous submission, you must upload both the old document and the new document. Please verify that documents you are uploading from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency's staffing system as there is a limitation to the number of documents that can be transferred. However, once in the Agency's staffing system, you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded resumes must be less than 3MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an acknowledgement email that the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. Normally, a final job offer to the selected candidate is made within 30-60 days after the issuance of the certificate.