KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to communicate effectively other than in writing.
Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and practices related to productivity programs.
Ability to use analytical methods to improve management programs and processes.
Knowledge of research and analysis techniques to perform management-related studies.
Ability to analyze current or projected operating programs.
Ability to communicate in writing.
MINIMUM FEDERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Qualifying experience for the GS-13 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-12 level which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
See Other Information.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See www.sss.gov.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or nationals.
This appointment requires completion of a one-year probationary period. During this time period, employee's conduct and performance will be monitored in order to determine if employee will be retained.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be considered under all categories for which you are eligible.
CATEGORY RATING: Under DOJ/OJP procedures, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for consideration. Although veteran preference points are not assigned under the category rating procedures described above, veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-veterans within each category for which they are qualified. In addition, qualified veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more are placed at the top of the highest qualify category (i.e., Best Qualified), except for scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher.
STATUS/MERIT PROMOTION: Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on the announcement. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. As a current or former federal employee, you must meet time-in-grade and all qualification requirements for consideration upon the closing date of this announcement.
Regardless of the method in which you are evaluated, your application, resume, and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on the announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your resume and application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
Your on-line application includes your:
1. Resume and/or work history profile,
2. Responses to the online questions,
3. Required supporting documents,
4. Cover letter (optional).
Note: If a cover letter is submitted, it may be used to assess your qualifications.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated against your responses to the occupational Questionnaire. You may also be further evaluated using additional assessment processes. Responses that are not fully supported by the information in your application package may result in adjustments to your score. A human resources representative will validate the qualifications of those candidates eligible to be referred to the selecting official. Your resume will be among the factors used in setting your pay, should you be made an offer of employment. Please ensure that it fully describes your experience as it relates to the position for which you are applying.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview.