In addition to meeting the basic requirements listed above, qualified applicants must possess the specialized experience indicated below.
All qualified candidates must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in federal service.
Specialized experience is experience in networking and system operations, risk assessment, certification and accreditation activities; apply IT security related laws, policies, procedures, methods and practices; information systems security evaluations audits and review; apply IT principles, standards, practices sufficient to accomplish assignments such as developing and interpreting strategies and policies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency, providing expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues, applying new developments to previously unsolvable problems, and making decisions or recommendations that significantly influence important agency IT policies and programs; applying most of the following interrelationships of multiple IT specialties, new IT developments and applications, emerging technologies and their applications, IT security concepts, standards and methods, project management principles, methods and practices, including developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments and oral and written communication techniques.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants are expected to possess the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) listed below to qualify for this position. These KSAs are addressed in the self-assessment questionnaire that you will complete for this announcement. You do not need to respond separately to the KSAs listed below. Your answers to the on-line experience questions will serve as responses to the KSAs. Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities/competencies (KSAs):
1. Knowledge of networking and system operations, risk assessments, certification and accreditation activities.
2. Knowledge of IT security related laws and executive directives, such as Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), and National Institutes of Standard and Technology (NIST) standards and practices.
3. Knowledge of information systems security evaluations, audits and review.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application and response to on-line questions to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will further evaluate each applicant who meets the qualification requirements based on their responses to the on-line announcement questions. Your application will receive a numerical score based on your responses to the on-line questions. If you do not respond to the on-line questions, you may be rated ineligible. We will refer the best qualified candidates to the Selecting Official of the job for further consideration.
To preview questions please click here.