Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Division of Medicineand Dentistry (DMD), located in Rockville, MD.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for improving access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated or medically vulnerable. Comprising six bureaus and 10 offices, HRSA provides leadership and financial support to health care providers in every state and U.S. territory. HRSA grantees provide health care to uninsured people, people living with HIV/AIDS, and pregnant women, mothers and children. They train health professionals and improve systems of care in rural communities.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-HRSA-DH-14-1059631 under direct hire procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under direct hire procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is critical in the formulation of policy and programs administered by HRSA to provide advice and assistance to HRSA Bureaus, DHHS, and other Federal entities as related to the medical aspects of primary health care programs for underserved populations.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred as (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions.
Salary range listed includes locality pay.
If selected for the position, you will:
· Serve as the principal advisor to the Associate Administrator on strategies and decisions regarding national policy with regard to support of primary medical care and dental health workforce education.
· Assess supply and requirements of medical and dental disciplines to meet the national,regional and local workforce needs.
· Administer grants to educational institutions for the development, improvement, and operation of educational programs for medical and dental disciplines.
· Negotiate and collaborate with government personnel, professional associations, official and voluntary institutions and agencies on primary health care practice and education.
· Provide strategic advice on medical and dental workforce development and program redesign.
· Provide leadership, administrative and technical supervision to all of the Division of Medicine and Dentistry.