About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The position is located in the Bureau of the Fiscal Services, Debt Management Services, Receivables Management & Debt Services Division, Washington, DC. The Financial Program Specialist assists in the development and implementation of direct government wide debt collection operations.
Who May Apply:
U.S. Citizens who are:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, OR 4. Individuals, no matter where you reside, who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As a Financial Program Specialist, you will:
- Prepare written correspondence for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Develop techniques for monitoring the validity, accuracy, and reliability of performance data related to debt management programs. Serve on various teams to examine various processes for Debt Management Services. Serve as a liaison between the team, the Division, and the AC area.
- Serve on various teams to examine various processes for Debt Management Services. Serve as a liaison between the team, the Division, and the AC area.
- Develop policies, procedures, and guidance for Debt Collection related program areas. Develop plans which contribute to fulfilling Fiscal Service's strategic vision and organizational mission.
- Establishes criteria and procedures for ensuring compliance to Congressional, Federal, and Treasury regulations.
- Interprets and implements all Executive Orders and Treasury Directives regarding Debt Collection, internal controls, and system standards.
- Analyzes information gathered from a wide variety of direct and indirect sources.
- Provide support to Federal agencies for on boarding AWG or CRS programs as well as other policy and program related matters.