The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 EST
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Purchasing and Contracting Division of the USPFO. It is responsible for a full range of contracting functions including pre-award and post-award activities for a variety of complex supply, service, construction, architect & engineering (A&E), ADPE contracts, and multiple best value Task Order Contracts. It provides contracting services for all Army and Air NG locations throughout the State. Contracting is accomplished through negotiation, sealed bidding, or Small Business Admin procedures. Contracts frequently cover a period of more than 1 year. Performs duties as procurement system administrator.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: USPFO, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Enlisted position only.
Open Area of Consideration: 1 ONLY
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1-Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army National Guard
Area 2-All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard
Area 3-Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
Area 4-All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard. Selected individual must become a member of the respective Nebraska National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1
2. Trainee qualified (Area 1)
(1) Carries out the pre-award contracting process in establishing project objectives and time frames. Develops and obtains necessary coordination and approval of acquisition/contracting plans. Determines and/or recommends the appropriate contract type and applicable special provisions as they apply to the particular project requirements. Prepares the Commerce Business Daily synopsis, selects provisions for the solicitation for bids that are appropriate for the particular procurement and prepares the Invitation For Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP), to include solicitation provisions, bid documents, contract clauses, plans and specifications. Compiles the bidders mailing list, obtains legal review and other required reviews or approvals and issues the solicitation. Plans for and conducts site visits and makes clarifications or changes to the specifications through issuance of amendments to the solicitation. May be designated as the "Bid Opening Officer" and is responsible for collecting, opening, and preparing an abstract for all bids. Determines the responsiveness of all bids and prepares and forwards bid opening reports to the necessary offices. Determines the responsibility of the prospective contractor by contacting financial institutions and companies/individuals having knowledge of the contractor to obtain information concerning the contractor's competence, financial capabilities, and other information necessary to evaluate the validity of the proposal or bid submitted by the contractor. Receives the proposal, performs cost and/or price analysis, establishes the government's position, forms the government team and serves as lead negotiator. Signs contracts and obligates the government within the limitations of delegated contract authority or makes recommendations of award to higher levels and obtains required legal reviews and approvals. Sits as a nonvoting member of Architect Engineer pre-selection and selection boards. Co-chairs the Criteria Review Conference with the Base Civil Engineer.
(2) During post-award process, conducts pre-construction/pre-performance conferences, coordinates work schedules, obtains and reviews bonding and proof of insurance to determine compliance with contractual requirements and reviews and approves or recommends approval of material submittals. Monitors contractor progress relating to the terms of the contract. Reviews and approves or disapproves progress payment requests from the contractor. Enforces compliance with contractual requirements by reviewing contractor and subcontractor payrolls, on site labor compliance surveys and requesting additional wage rate classifications from the US Department of Labor. Coordinates and resolves all labor matters relating to the contract. Reviews data provided by government engineers and inspectors to determine the appropriate response to contract changes. Develops appropriate documentation and negotiates changes to the contract. Obtains sufficient funding and reviews and signs modifications within designated contracting authority. Obtains design submittals at the appropriate time for review of compliance with contract terms to ensure they do not contain provisions that are inconsistent with federal contracting requirements. Collects user and government engineering comments and provides all comments with appropriate guidance to the contractor. Conducts review meetings as necessary with contractors. Processes contractor claims expeditiously and approves/disapproves claims and prepares files for litigation if necessary. Provides all administrative coordination, complete contract management, and centralized clearing for all matters affecting the contract.
(3) Directs and monitors the operation and maintenance of the
local Automated Contracting System. Advises supervisor on system
technical matters. Analyzes system outputs to evaluate data flow and reporting integrity.
Reviews contract data from the system for statistical reporting purposes and transmits
data electronically. Validates data accuracy and implements procedures to close out and
archive purchasing and contracting actions. Performs continuous systems backups
of both operating system and procurement database as needed.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel for training and work related activities