To meet the basic requirement, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Applicants must demonstrate possession of these competencies within the application package.
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (11). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: providing analysis of IT security in infrastructure operations, server management, COTS and web applications in conformance with the National Institute of Standards (NIST) guidelines and industry recommended best practices.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job opportunity announcement closing date. For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications. There is no education substitution for specialized experience.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applicants that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
Broad knowledge of and experience with IT System Security as represented by a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or industry recognized equivalent.
Broad knowledge of, and skill in applying IT security principles and methods sufficient to document and maintain the organization’s contingency plans and disaster recovery plans (CP/DRP), to respond to new security requirements or changes in the IT architecture, and present updated plans to SAO CF Department Manager for review and approval.
Ability to perform enterprise-level operational security administration, assessments and authorizations in a complex, resource constrained educational environment.
Broad knowledge of best practices and techniques for computer and data security engineering and protocols sufficient to:
- enable the incumbent to coordinate, review, and provide technical and engineering advice relative to the implementation and operation of core critical IT components to monitor and maintain SAO IT security.
- identify and specify information system security requirements associated with migrations to new environments and provide guidance and planning implementing migration activities.
Knowledge of the best practices and techniques of risk and vulnerability evaluation and determination sufficient to enable the incumbent to coordinate, review, and provide technical and engineering advice for security remediation.
The ability to write accurate, concise, readable, documentation is essential.
The incumbent must possess good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with computer and network users and systems staff.
Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position. Important Note:
The review of your resume will determine your final rating and should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.