The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located at the Comptroller's Office, Office of the President, at the Naval War College, Newport RI. The selectee will be responsible for performing and advising on work in the phases of budget administration. The selectee will utilize financial systems to accomplish all phases of financial accountability, planning, management, analysis, and reporting. The selectee shall demonstrate skills and knowledge in the areas of funds management and relevant financial systems by ensuring proper funds control, execution, and reporting processes are in place.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute the budget for all organizational programs by utilizing the Corporate Automated Resource Tracking System, Corporate Automated Resource Information System, Funds Administration and Standardized Document Automation System, or Budget Builder
- Prepare budget exhibits such as inflation exhibits, analysis of civilian personnel costs, or details by budget activity, group, or sub-activity group by applying knowledge of financial management principles
- Prepare financial statements to report on operational and financial performance
- Monitor financial data for trends in spending levels by utilizing Standard Accounting and Reporting System/Field Level and Query Management Function
- Provide guidance on financial laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to management, personnel, or customers
- Establish and maintaining a cost accounting framework to capture financial execution for tracking, management, and reporting purposes