Job Title:Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (Security Engineering BC)
Agency:Securities and Exchange Commission
Job Announcement Number:14-DH-1061153-AMT
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$118,743.00 to $200,033.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, February 27, 2014 to Wednesday, March 12, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nations securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
A career with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. You can contribute to securities regulation and enforcement while making a positive difference for the American investing public. The SEC provides:
- Careers that broaden and deepen your already accomplished knowledge, skills and abilities;
- An environment that allows you to work and learn with the nations experts;
- Benefits, compensation and career expansion opportunities; and
- A balance between your professional and family life.
To find out more about the SEC, go to http://www.sec.gov.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
- Paid dental and vision insurance;
- Subsidy for health insurance, which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage and by $50 for family coverage;
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program;
- Mass transportation subsidy;
- "WorkSmart" - Opportunities for flexible work schedules and expanded telework
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) supports the Commission and staff of the SEC in all aspects of information technology. The office has overall management responsibility for the Commission's IT program including application development, infrastructure operations and engineering, user support, IT program management, capital planning, security, and enterprise architecture. The office operates the Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval (EDGAR) system, which electronically receives, processes, and disseminates more than 500,000 financial statements every year. The office also maintains a very active website that contains a wealth of information about the Commission and the securities industry, and also hosts the EDGAR database for free public access.
This position is in the Office of Information Technology located in the Washington DC office.
- Not Required
- This position is open to US Citizens
- persons lawfully admitted for permanent residence and seeking citizenship
- as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B)