Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Division of Medicine and Dentistry (DMD), located in Rockville, MD.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for improving access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated or medically vulnerable. Comprising six bureaus and 10offices, HRSA provides leadership and financial support to health care providers in every state and U.S. territory. HRSA grantees provide health care to uninsured people, people living with HIV/AIDS, and pregnant women, mothers and children. They train health professionals and improve systems of care in rural communities.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
This position is being filled through the Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-HRSA-MP-14-1060563 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions.
Salary range listed includes locality pay.
This position is critical in the formulation of policy and programs administered by Health Resources and Services Administration to provide advice and assistance to Bureaus, Department of Health and Human Services, and other Federal entities as related to the medical aspects of primary health care programs for underserved populations.
If selected for the position, you will:
- Serve as the principal advisor to the Associate Administrator on strategies and decisions regarding national policy with regard to support of primary medical care and dental health workforce education.
- Assess supply and requirements of medical and dental disciplines to meet the national, regional and local workforce needs.
- Administer grants to educational institutions for the development, improvement, and operation of educational programs for medical and dental disciplines.
- Negotiate and collaborate with government personnel, professional associations, official and voluntary institutions and agencies on primary health care practice and education.
- Provide strategic advice on medical and dental workforce development and program redesign.
- Provide leadership, administrative and technical supervision to all of the Division of Medicine and Dentistry.