Specialized Experience: Your resume must reflect experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge of analytical techniques employed in developing, evaluating, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and ability to use them independently to accomplish routine and complex projects. Knowledge of the functions and operations of intelligence and the national-level IC, and of the process for producing intelligence threat assessments and other estimative documents. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience,experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency. and intelligence.
Click on the following link to specialized experience requirements for this position: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of analytical techniques employed in developing, evaluating, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and ability to use them independently to accomplish routine and complex projects.
2. Knowledge of the functions and operations of intelligence and the national-level IC, and of the process for producing intelligence threat assessments and other estimative documents.
3. Knowledge of performing all-source intelligence research and analysis on the capabilities, tactics, training, employment, force structure, production, and technical capabilities of foreign adversary air forces.
4. Skilled tact, maturity, diplomacy, and superior communication skills for normal duties and for regular contact with very senior government officials.
5. Ability to communicate succinctly and directly in oral and written (including electronic) presentations, adhering to length and quality constraints imposed by superiors.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS)
security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) to fully perform the duties and
responsibilities of the position. A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. Drug Testing: This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air
Force, national security, and public safety.
3. Incumbent may be required to undergo a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
4. Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel regulations may be required in performance of temporary duty. Incumbent will occasionally be required on temporary duty throughout the world including to remote locations with limited facilities. These temporary duty assignments could range from short duration to 179 days, and longer. While every effort will be made to schedule these assignments well in advance of the travel, travel may be required with extremely limited notice. It is imperative incumbent have an unlimited ability to perform such travel.
5. Overtime may be required as workload demands and in some cases with no-notice due to urgency of timesensitive matters. Periodic shift work may be required if assigned as a watch-standing analyst
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.