1. Performs selected tasks and phases of studies and projects that require application of basic theory and principles in the area of operations research analysis. Performs tasks of limited scope and difficulty which are screened by higher graded personnel. Working under the guidance of and in close association with senior personnel, performs a variety of standardized work assignments consisting of established, specific, and related tasks that have been selected to orient the employee in the practical application of basic principles, concepts and techniques of the occupational field.
2. Participates with senior personnel in conducting non-routine projects. Performs operations research analysis work of limited scope and complexity in support of senior personnel. Stdies Air Force requirements for projects and researches and studies the current body of precedents and technical knowledge.
3. Provides assistance to senior personnel in planning, monitoring and conducting special studies, projects and initiatives. Attends meetings to observe intractions and understand working relationships with customers, specialist and other organizational points of contact.
4. Prepares correspondence and other documentation. Drafts or prepares a variety of documents to include newsletter items, responses to routine inquires, reports, letters, and other related documents.
GS-04: Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA)
· Knowledge of basic theories, principles, and methodology of operations research analysis.
· Skill in applying basic occupational theory, principles, concepts and practices sufficient to perform student trainee assignments.
· Ability to follow instructions and guidance to complete assigned tasks and communicate information to others in oral or written format.
· Ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors, gather and interpret pertinent data and apply established rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions.
· Ability to learn and apply basic investigative techniques to accomplish work in the subject-matter field.
· Ability to understand and utilize appropriate data collection techniques.