About the Agency
Why search any longer - we have just the opportunity for you! Come, join us and become a vital part of our Surveys and Mapping Team. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your survey experience in performing geodetic control, engineering, cadastral, topographic, cartographic and hydrographic surveys. You will be a valued team member and your surveying work will support the planning, design and construction of civil engineering structures and in geological and environmental projects.
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Mid-Pacific Region, Division of Design and Construction, in Sacramento, CA. Information about Sacramento can be found on the internet at: http://www.co.sacramento.ca.us" Information on the Mid-Pacific Region visit: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Position may be filled at the GS-5, GS-6 or GS-7 level. The duties of the GS-5 and GS-6 are developmental in nature, leading to the full performance level of GS-7. The incumbent may be non-competitively promoted to the next level of the position upon meeting all regulatory requirements; certification by the supervisor of successful performance; completion of all training requirements; and the availability of work at the next higher grade level. Note: Promotion is not automatic. At the full performance level, performs the following:
- Performs all types of surveys, such as; geodetic control, engineering, cadastral, topographic, cartographic and hydrographic surveys.
- Uses the latest in surveying equipment technology, instruments and equipment.
- Prepares survey data reports, survey descriptions, and mapping coordinates.
- Performs data analysis, computation, compilation, and maintenance of basic control data and historical records of horizontal and vertical control.
- Uses computer aided drafting software to prepare standardized mapping products.
- Provides drafting support on engineering and geologic drawings as needed
- 75% or Greater
- Frequent travel required up to 75% to conduct surveys at project sites.