About the Agency
Want to work for a contemporary water management agency whose mission is to assist in meeting the increasing water demands of the West while protecting the environment and the public's investment? Do you like working with the public? We have a job for you as a Reclamation Guide at Shasta Dam!
This position is located with the Bureau of Reclamation, Mid Pacific Region, Northern California Area Office, Shasta Lake City, California. For more information on the Northern California Area Office visit: http://usbr.gov/mp/ncao/ For more information about Shasta Lake City visit: http://www.shastalakecalifornia.com/
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- Provides informational guided tours of Shasta Dam and facility operations.
- Conducts tours for all ages from pre-school children to college level, and special interest groups such as service organizations, senior citizens, and foreign visitors, as well as the general public. Personally escorts tours through dam, powerplant and designated visitor areas.
- Provides detailed and specific information and explanations pertaining to the historical background, physical features of the dam, progress made, and benefits derived from the dam such as downstream flood control, power production etc. Conveys information using audio-visual aids, printed materials and graphic displays.
- Ensures safety of visitors and deals with emergencies that may arise.
- Provides a variety of informational or public relations tasks. Assists with special projects such as parade floats and outreach to schools.