The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located at the Naval Academy Museum, in Annapolis, Maryland. The museums mission is to collect, preserve, and exhibit the artifacts and art that are the physical heritage of the United States Navy in order to instil in Midshipmen a knowledge of the history and heritage of the US Navy and Naval academy, to demonstrate to the public the contributions of Academy graduates to the military services and the Nation and to motivate a desire to become part of the Brigade of Midshipmen and begin a career of service to the Nation and the interpretation of artifacts and their display to the general public and visiting tourist in the Annapolis, MD area and DoD personnel is central to the Museums mission.
- Manage and Supervise museum personnel
- Manage resources of the museum such as budget submission, review, and fiscal control
- Provide management to the museum collections, including the acquisition and display of objects associated with significant events
- Guide and direct a comprehensive research program encompassing all aspects of US Naval history, operations, technology, artifacts and memorabilia.
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required for this position