A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is located in Region 1 on the Lolo National Forest, Plains/Thompson Falls and Superior Ranger Districts. Selected applicant will have their choice of duty locations between Superior or Plains.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Randy Hojem, District Ranger at 406-826-4308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Fish Biologist on the West Zone of the Lolo National Forest, which includes the Plains/Thompson Falls and Superior Ranger Districts. The position is responsible for planning, administering, and providing professional expertise in fisheries programs. The successful candidate will provide expertise and assistance in fishery resource management.
Duties listed are at the full performance level:
- Carries out actions as identified in Forest fish habitat management plans.
- Provides aquatic ecosystem and fishery input during the planning phases of road construction projects, timber sales, stream restoration projects, prescribed fire, and livestock grazing allotment management plans. Participates in the formulation and evaluation of alternatives and in the development of final recommendations.
- Prepares environmental assessments, biological evaluations and environmental impact statements.
- Provides input in the development of the outyear program of work for the District, particularily related to the aquatic ecosystem and fisheries resources.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required