Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) is the nations fully accredited federal school of medicine and graduate school of nursing. Its education, research and consultation programs are unique, related directly to military medicine, tropical diseases, disaster medicine, military medical readiness and adaptation to extreme environments. We prepare outstanding scientists and health care practitioners for careers in service to the nation.
This position is located in the Department of Surgery, F. Herbert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS).
You will provide assistance to the USUHS Department of Surgery Chairperson. The department is divided into academic, research and research support areas, located at USUHS and other uniformed services teaching and research facilities in the Washington D.C. area. Medical students are scheduled to perform clerkships and sub-internships at military and civilian teaching hospitals worldwide to support USUHSs mission.
As a Secretary (Office Automation) you will be responsible for a variety of duties with these being the Major Duties:
· Answers most questions and handles those matters which can be resolved without reference to the supervisor.
· Maintains calendars for upper level management personnel within the department.
· Arranges meetings and conferences including space, time, staff, agenda and background material.
· Receives and reviews all incoming correspondence, establishing controls on certain items and replaces correspondence not requiring supervisory attention.
· Makes travel arrangements for senior leadership to include preparing travel orders, coordinating transportation, hotel or rental car reservations.