Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Bureau of Reclamation
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-RTS2-14-116 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on your expertise as a Contract Specialist for the Regional Contract Office with various duty station locations at Boise, ID, Grand Coulee, WA, and Yakima, WA. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands working for a premier water management agency.
The Pacific Northwest Acquisition and Assistance Group works directly with departmental managers, field personnel, and program managers and is responsible for procuring a variety of materials, equipment, small construction and non-personal services. This is necessary for the operations, maintenance, and construction activities associated with Reclamation facilities and hydro-power assets and water conveyance systems in the Pacific Northwest Region.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential! Great Benefits Package: paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
Locations - Multiple locations at: Boise, ID, Grand Coulee, WA, & Yakima, WA. http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html .
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be your responsibility for the Boise, ID and Yakima, WA duty stations.
Relocation expenses are authorized ONLY for the GRAND COULEE duty station with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointment or reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled (with proper authorization) from this vacancy announcement.
- Occasional Travel
- Initial training at the Boise, Denver, or another Reclamation Office may be required for Regional Acquisition processes and FBMS - electronic financial/contracting system training.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for Federal employment.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation.
- You must submit a resume and supporting documentation. (See How to Apply)
- This position may require a FAC-C, Level 1 Warrant (see Other Information)
- You must submit transcripts to verify education requirements
- You will be required to complete Financial Disclosure Form when warranted.