About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-RTS2-14-116 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on your expertise as a Contract Specialist for the Regional Contract Office with various duty station locations at Boise, ID, Grand Coulee, WA, and Yakima, WA. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands working for a premier water management agency.
The Pacific Northwest Acquisition and Assistance Group works directly with departmental managers, field personnel, and program managers and is responsible for procuring a variety of materials, equipment, small construction and non-personal services. This is necessary for the operations, maintenance, and construction activities associated with Reclamation facilities and hydro-power assets and water conveyance systems in the Pacific Northwest Region.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential! Great Benefits Package: paid vacation, sick days, holidays, health and life insurance and an excellent retirement package!
Locations - Multiple locations at: Boise, ID, Grand Coulee, WA, & Yakima, WA. http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html .
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be your responsibility for the Boise, ID and Yakima, WA duty stations.
Relocation expenses are authorized ONLY for the GRAND COULEE duty station with the exception of the Guaranteed Home Sale Provision. First-post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointment or reinstatement eligibles.
Additional vacancies may be filled (with proper authorization) from this vacancy announcement.
- Processes and accomplishes pre-award, award and post-award action for formal and informal simplified acquisition procurement of supplies, equipment, and services, including construction, for the Regional Office and the various regional project offices.
- Regularly purchases, from local or non-local markets, technical items (such as part and components for overhaul and repair of electronic, engineering, drilling, research, Agrimet, and Hydromet equipment) with unique aspects and critical characteristics.
- Reviews requisitions to ensure correctness and clarity, whether through the use of Government specifications, detailed purchase descriptions, or industry terminology.
- Determines appropriate source of procurement. For example mandatory (FBMS, Fedbizops, Fedbid, GSA Advantage, FPDS) and non-mandatory schedules, or open market.
- Makes final determinations with regard to contractors' compliance with terms and specifications, price revisions, price and delivery adjustments, delays, mutual mistakes, claims, and termination settlements.