Job Title:OCC Internship Program (Economics)
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Job Announcement Number:PATH-HQ-14-003
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$44,774.00 to $49,251.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, February 21, 2014 to Tuesday, February 25, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Position is at the full performance level - Full time and part Time positions - Not-To-Exceed September 30, 2014.|
|few vacancies in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This opportunity is open to Students who are enrolled on at least a half-time basis, or accepted for enrollment, and seeking a degree (diploma, certficate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution; have at least a cumulative (overall) 2.9 grade point average; and remain in good academic standing.|
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is among the top places to work in the federal government. The OCC ensures a safe and sound banking system for all Americans and ensures fair treatment and equal access for all national bank customers. Our culture promotes creative and thoughtful contributions by people in all positions, and an environment that values and encourages diversity. If you are an inquisitive, investigative individual with high standards of your own, consider the OCC. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
You’will get a head start on a meaningful and rewarding career as an Economics Department Intern at the OCC. You will make a difference supporting the OCC's mission to ensure a safe, sound, and competitive banking system that support the citizens, communities and economy of the United States.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- You must submit a transcript or proof of enrollment with your application.
- You must meet full or half-time student enrollment requirements for the duration of the appointment.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.9 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Selectee must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
- This position is a Temporary Part-Time Internship position not to exceed one year.
- Citizenship: Consistent with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and other applicable law; applicants who are United States citizens will be preferred over equally qualified applicants who are not U.S. citizens. Due to a recent change in Federal Appropriations Law, if selected for a Federal Appointment, only "US Citizens and non-US Citizens who are permanent US residents actively seeking US citizenship as outlined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)(B)" are eligible for employment. If offered employment, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status. For continued employment, all non-citizens are required to apply for citizenship within six months of becoming eligible or to be naturalized within two years after the date of application unless the non-citizen can establish that he/she has continued to actively pursue naturalization.